4Runner Rear Bumper | Strike | 3rd Gen (96-02)
Weight: 137 (lbs)
- CNC cut and formed from .188" steel.
- Built-in hitch.¹
- Built-in provisions for cube lights.
- Built-in provisions for left and right Adventure Carriers (can be added at any time; sold separately).
- Built-in Hi-Lift jack points.
- Bolt-on installation.
- Mounting provisions for 0 body lift and 1" body lifts.
- Proudly designed and made in the USA.
- When you need maximum protection, recovery options, and a modular swingout system; our Strike Series rear bumper is the perfect choice. This made in the USA bumper features integrated cube light mounts, 3/4" recovery tabs, and built-in provisions for dual swingouts that can be added or removed at any time! The bumper is available in a 2 stage satin textured black powdercoat over durable zinc primer finish, or in bare metal.
We produce these products in a low volume compared to the OEMs or aftermarket receiver hitch companies. As such, it's not feasible for us to get this product tested against SAE J684 specifications or design it meet specific DOT or FMCSA regulations. So while we try to over-engineer our products with the loads of the factory vehicle capacity in mind; towing a trailer on public highways is at your own risk and we make no claims on the legality or viability of doing so. We cannot offer any recommendations on capacity beyond this. If the ratings of the factory receiver hitch are important to you, we would recommend choosing a bumper that keeps that in place.
Looking for answers to common questions about us or our products? See our FAQ here.
4 Questions asked on 4Runner Rear Bumper | Strike | 3rd Gen (96-02) •
Ask us anything
Q Steven Barkdoll • 07/13/2022, 10:16:02 PM I’ve got a 1999 4Runner that has a Gobi ladder mounted on the rear hatch. Does your rear bumper work with a Gobi ladder?
A 07/14/2022, 11:09:01 AM The bumper will work with the ladder, but you will not be able to run an Adventure Carrier on the ladder side.
Q Ryan Franco • 08/25/2022, 8:44:42 AM Whats the weight of the rear bumper? Weight of the swing out? Thanks!
A 08/25/2022, 9:15:25 AM The rear bumper is 137lbs and the swingout is about 40lbs.
Q justin • 01/28/2023, 4:31:12 PM what suspension do you use to keep all the weight up without sag.
A 01/30/2023, 4:39:19 PM Depends on the vehicle model and what other gear you are carrying. Upgraded capacity springs are available from many companies.
Q Justin • 02/27/2023, 4:17:57 AM Does it come with the spare tire swing out? License plate relocation bracket/light? What size tire can it hold?
A 03/13/2023, 11:29:25 AM The swingout and license plate bracket is sold separately. On the 4Runner, a 35" tire is about max without blocking the taillight.
There are no reviews for this item yet.
Write a Product Review: 4Runner Rear Bumper | Strike | 3rd Gen (96-02)
Please note: Install videos are meant to be used as a guide, and aren't always the most up to date information on product installation and improvements.
Please be sure to read the PDF installation instructions (if available) as well.